- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (1.25oz) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16oz) can refried beans (can use whole or black beans but these are nice and sticky)
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8oz) package shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salsa (verde-- the green kind is good, can also use regular red)
- Chopped plum tomatoes (about 3) and 1/2 c. minced onion if desired (my kids don't desire it, thankyouverymuch).
-Place chicken and seasoning mix in large ziploc bag, seal and shake to coat chicken.
-Spread beans evenly over tortillas. Top each with chicken, cheese, tomato and onion; roll up. Wrap each burrito in foil; place in 5-6 quart slow cooker.
-Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours (it steams in those packets and the flavors meld nicely). Serve with salsa and if you're like me-- sour cream. :-)
Makes 8 burritos.
Post a Comment