My sister Bobo is visiting right now. She's so fun. I wish she would live down here. She's playing a board game with Dash, Tank is at the church gym with dh, and Dozer is currently watching Barney and dancing in a big puddle of popcorn (really). I guess I should get up and do something about it...and put him to bed. Okay, maybe a little later.
Have I mentioned that we canceled the birthday party? Well, it had been dumping rain and flooding the street on Wednesday. The forecast for Thursday was more flooding with still a 30% chance of rain on Friday. Soooo, we canceled the party. The idea of all those people IN my house or sloshing through backyard mud was kinda freaking me out. Wouldn't you know it? Friday was absolutely sunny all day with all the yard puddles drying up. I felt a little dumb but I'm used to that so it's not a big deal. I'm hoping to reschedule a downsized version of the party (as in no daddy's) sometime on a weekday afternoon.
I can't remember who it was...Tia maybe (aka Sagerats) who mentioned a chocolate fountain. So we opted for that instead of the moonwalk. :-) Cheaper and I can use it over and over again! Of course, we kept it even without having a party. The boys both have grand plans of sticking their entire heads in the streaming chocolate at the end of the party! I'm sure we can assist them with that. hehehee...
What else? We got our Sonlight box the other day. I guess we need to finish up last year's Sonlight first, huh? Actually, we'll be done in a couple of weeks. It has been such fun and we've read a ton of great books! If anyone is looking for a solid, pre-scheduled, literature-rich program, then Sonlight might be exactly what you're looking for.
Blah, blah, la dee daaaa...
I think I'm going to make me a pot of decaf, clean up the popcorn confetti on the floor and read a mindless magazine for a little while. What are y'all doing tonight? I've got a ton of "good, productive" things to do...but there's always tomorrow right?
Other stuff wandering around in my head:
- My boys make me laugh. They are so silly and dorky and just plain fun. And they are in that laughing hysterically at their own jokes that are completely nonsensical stage right now.
- I'm addicted to coffee. Even decaf. It's the process of drinking that I like...and the taste...mmmm.... with lots of real cream and sugar.
- I like shoes. I wore some pink peep-toe heels today. They made me happy. I'm currently on the hunt for some nice red flats.
- I'm distressed that the "fashions" of the '80s are back. Leggings, ankle boots, vests, blech! When will the insanity stop?! The HORROR!
- I'm blessed with some good friends. It's nice to almost have too many friends. :-) Most are all from my church, so we are like-minded as well (but very different!) so it's always fun. And I like their kids which makes it even better.
- Baseball is boring. I'd rather just watch the highlights on ESPN.
- It's hot and humid outside. I wish I could say it makes my hair curly or something cool like that, but it's still flat, oily and sticks to my head.
- I don't floss regularly. I should but I don't.
Okay, that's it for now. I'll check back with y'all tomorrow.