1. Who is your man? David
2. How long have you been together? We just celebrated 12 years of marriage! :-) I think I forgot to mention that that was one of the reasons I went on that Cancun trip with him last month. Happy Anniversary, baby!!!
(Ummm... yeah, this is us NOT in Cancun! We are not really beachy people. This was our very cool trip to Beijing that we took a few years ago-- it was cheap, not crowded and WINTER. Worth freezing our butt off, though!)
3. How long dated? We were married one year and 2 days after the day we met.
4. How old is your man? 35
5. Who eats more? Him, although I have been known to be REALLY hungry!!!
6. Who said "I love you" first? He did-- I was determined to not say it first. One of those romantic notions of wanting to be serenaded by words. I even remember where we were, the obnoxious movie that was playing, my little sister asleep on the couch, and that he had this little speech leading up to "...and this is why I LOVE YOU." Be still my pounding heart!
7. Who is taller? He is! He was 6'3" when we got married but is now 6'2". I am still 5'7".
8. Who sings better? I guess I do. He kinda sings really quietly... almost whispering to himself. One day, I know he'll sing with gusto! He does sing a little louder when it's his fav song at church "It is Well with my Soul" or if there is a cheesy 80s song on the radio.
9. Who is smarter? Ahem, actually we are both smart-- smart enough to marry each other! He's very practical and common sensical... I'm a bit more academic. We're smart in different ways and balance each other out perfectly!
10. Whose temper is worse? Mine! Mine! Mine! David is VERY laid back and rarely loses his temper. It's a daily thing for me. Sometimes even hourly, I'm ashamed to say. But I do apologize... in fact, I'm a little too good at it as it is often necessary!
11. Who does the laundry? I do. Although he does carry the heavy laundry baskets for me to the laundry room.
12. Who takes out the garbage? We finally gave that duty to 7yo Tank. I'll take it out of the kitchen trashcan though (since it is often overstuffed and gets stuck). Tank takes it to the big bin outside and drags it all to the street on trash days.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do!
14. Who pays the bills? I do. I'm home all the time and his schedule is wacky... besides, the more I can do myself, the more time he has to spend with his family when he's home!
15. Who is better with the computer? Internet and programs, that would be me. Fixing something that's broken or adding more memory or something technical like that-- that would be him!
16. Who mows the lawn? We all do. :-) I'll usually get on the zero turn riding mower and he'll get on our old fashioned regular riding mower (we have 3.5 acres-- so the addage many hands, make light work is very true). But since the kids are getting bigger, I imagine they'll take it over more and more. I do NOT trust them on the zero turn though-- it is waaaay too fast for them!
17. Who cooks dinner? I love to cook! David's cooking skillz consists of cereal, Kraft mac and cheese (made the wrong way), pb&j's and perhaps Hamburger Helper's Double Cheeseburger Macaroni if he is feeling adventurous in the kitchen.
18. Who drives when you are together? He does! Call me old-fashioned but I can't stand to see a wife in the driver's seat and husband in the passenger seat. It just makes me think that the wife is overbearing and the husband is a pansy (no offense to those who do for medical reasons or whatever-- just being honest here!)
19. Who pays when you go out? It's our money so I'm not sure whatcha mean... David usually physically pays it though. My purse is a cavern and it's so much easier for him to just whip out his wallet. Besides, I think it's the gentlemanly thing to do.
20. Who is most stubborn? Oh, do you even have to ask?! Of course it is ME!!!
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Well, since I am usually in the wrong (see above regarding temper and stubborness), that would be me. But David has no problems admitting he's wrong if that's the case.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Hard to say, we see both quite often. Maybe we see his more since they live closer and are retired? But we don't really keep count... I think it's pretty even stevens.
23. Who kissed who first? He kissed me first.
24. Who asked who out? After talking long-distance on the phone for almost a week, he finally said "So when are you going to let me take you out?" I thought he'd never ask!
25. Who proposed? He did!
26. Who is the most sensitive? Yours truly. (aka emotional)
27. Who has more friends? I've never really counted. We are both very blessed with lots of friends!
28. Who has more siblings? Definitely me! I am one of five children. David is an only child.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? David does, although yes I am the opinionated type and some people might find it hard to believe that I do submit to my husband (and cheerfully-- well, most of the time I'm cheerful about it). He always respects my opinion and seeks my advice, so I definitely cannot complain. I would not want the burden of being the final authority in our family-- I'll let him stand before God on that one! Besides, I completely trust and respect him-- he's wise with money, level headed, has his priorities straight regarding his family/job/friends/etc, and always has our best interests at heart.
30. How did you meet? We met at the federal building in Dallas taking the Air Force Officer Qualification Test. I wanted to be in intel and he wanted to fly the big C-5 transport planes with a reserve unit in San Antonio. We went to lunch that day, dated, were engaged in 3 months and were married 1 year and 2 days after the day we met. We would've gotten married sooner but I needed to graduate college first-- one of those unspoken family rules. We did end up turning down our commissions for the sake of being together. It is probably the only regret we have-- not having served our country. We would still make the same choices about it today, but we are saddened about it nonetheless.
Well, I guess this means I have to tag some peeps. How about I take the pansy way out just leave this open? If you actually read this far down, consider yourself tagged!!! Just be sure to let me know that you are participating so I can be sure to come take a look-see about your other half!