This is my favorite pound cake recipe-- dense and delicious! It calls for being baked in a 10 inch tube pan, but I like to make mini loaves with it instead. You can also add in blueberries to the batter to make it extra yummola or slice it and eat with strawberries and whipped cream. (Christian preferred it plain with whipped cream). :-)
CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour (or use a spray like Pam for baking or Baker's Joy) your pan(s).
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy.
3. Add eggs two at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour all at once and mix. Add vanilla.
4. Pour into 10-inch tube pan (or mini loaf pans) and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes (less time if you are using the mini pans). Check for doneness after 1 hour with the toothpick test.