Okay, not much is completely made from scratch at my house...so this version of banana pudding is no exception...it's no-cook and as close to homemade as we're gonna get around here. But it is the best that I've ever tasted and got rave reviews when 3 pans of it disappeared at my sis' baby shower (it's that good).
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in condensed milk, pudding mix, cold milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping.
2. Line the bottom of a 9x13 dish with vanilla wafers. Arrange sliced bananas evenly over wafers. Spread with pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill for 3 hours.
Oh and our variation around this house is to (gasp!) omit the bananas...so I guess this is just really really delicious pudding. What can I say? Not only do bananas make me very itchy, but if you leave them in the pudding for too long they turn brown and icky...but we still CALL it banana pudding.