While returning books to the library today, I actually took a second to look at the library carts of books for sale on the sidewalk (something I never do with 3 rowdy ones in tow). But today, right in front of me (without even searching) were the following hardback books:
- Mirette on the High Wire by Emily Arnold McCully
- Nate the Great and the Crunchy Christmas
- Good Night, Gorilla
- Come Play With Me
- Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower
- Come Back, Amelia Bedelia
- Curious George at the Laundromat
- The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs by Wanda Gag
Okay, so some of these books are "better" than others but they were all a steal at only 50 cents each! I think I'll send my older sis the Amelia Bedelia ones...that was always here fav when we were little...although we didn't quite "get" why some of the things she did were considered "wrong" (i.e. dusting the furniture, dressing the turkey, putting out the lights, etc-- at the time, her way made perfect sense to us!).
Did y'all have any fav books when you were little? If so, have you read them to your kids yet?