(Maybe this will help me get out of my non-blogging funk!)
1. I have no new year's resolutions. The last thing I need is yet another to-do list! Yes, I would like to lose a few pounds and get rid of my doubling chin, but would like and will do are two very different things.
(I suppose I wouldn't have this issue at all if I had actually done this way back when.)
2. The above-mentioned doubling of the chin is getting on my nerves. It makes me snort more when I laugh and makes me snore more when I sleep.
3. I have been sleeping better this week since I switched to decaff mode. It's not a resolution, just a good thing to do. I had a bad habit of staying up until 2 or 3am and sleeping in until 9 or 10am. Since my switch, I have even been waking up before my alarm goes off in the morning! Yay for me!
4. David does not like me to set my alarm clock when he's home. I don't see what the big deal is since he automatically wakes up at 7am anyway. So my 8am alarm wouldn't be waking him up.
5. I once stopped being roommates with a girl in college because she hit the snooze button on her alarm clock NINE. TIMES. EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING. She was completely sweet otherwise but geeze, why have an alarm clock if you aren't going to get up when it goes off for the NINTH TIME?!
6. I wonder how they came up with nine innings in baseball? Why not 8 or 10 innings? The boys went to their very first baseball game a little over a year ago. Due to being surrounded by other people's bratty children and our distaste of parking lot traffic jams, we left in the 7th inning.
7. My belly button is an innie (in-y? inny?). What's yours? Oh wait, that might be TMI like the whole bra thing on Facebook. I'm not sure if envisioning my belly or anyone else's belly is a good thing.
8. Speaking of bellies, my sister Lele has yet to give birth to Lulu!
She is due on the 12th and by golly, it is already the 10th. My sister Coco and I assumed that since we gave birth to our kids anywhere from 2-5 weeks early, that Lele would follow suit. Silly us! We forgot that Lele is not one to be on time for things, let alone early, so why would Lulu be any different?
9. People will often ask if Lele and I are twins. They ask the same thing when I'm with Coco, my sister Bobo or even with my brother. Since I think they are very pretty, I will take that as a compliment! Except for my brother, he's not pretty. He's downright weird but in a funny and entertaining way.
(Look! He has rabbit ears. har dee har har.
It's not as fun to pick on him when he has no blog to pick back at me.)
10. Wanna know what's really really gross? When people ask if my brother is my husband! Ewwwwww!!!
(Bro and I circa 1980. I think.)
To read more 10's or join in the fun, go HERE.
My Monkey was born on the 12th! Great day to have a baby! LOL! Actually he was due on the 4th so by the twelfth ANY day was a great day to have a baby! Hahahahaha!!!!!
Praying she has a safe time and that Lulu isn't as late as my babies were. McGee was 10 days over and a c-section and Monkey was 11 days over and an induction. I make them far too comfortable and they have to be forcably (sp?) removed from my body. Hehe! - Deedee
This is a fun/funny list. I have double chin too and I hate it. When the picture of the SHRED was downloading, I thought it was going to be a picture of that chin exercizer...have you seen that? ha ha!
Love that picture of the belly. Beautiful!
i was 10 in 1980, i think you look about 3. lele's having a lulu? LOL not the baby's real name is or i'll feel dumb.
Someone once told me my brother and I would be a cute couple. When we told them we were siblings, she said "Oh well, I still think you would be cute together." Um, ick?
And may I say I LOVE your blog design! Your colors are my fave and I'm totally in to owls right now. Too cute!
Ran across your blog via my old college roomie at just, pure, lovely.
I prayed for you today...I was blessed by the grace and strength our Savior has provided you through this last year and a half. Thank you for sharing.
I totally LOL'd at the rabbit ears. I take it as a compliment too when people think we're twins.
I love you!!!
My husband and I are starting to look alike. Does that count? Oy, the double chin. It doth haunt me, too.
That was just plain FUN! What a great post.
Oh man would i LOVE to use #9 in my workshop, for what not to do! I never have enough examples! :)
I need to start #1 on your list. Ugh, the holidays hit me hard this year!
Your poor sister, I can only imagine how ready she is deliver.
I need to give up caffiene, again. I am so addicted to it and hate that!
Oh, my belly button is an innie (don't know how to spell that either:) but it popped fast with both pregnancies and was super sensitive.
Okay, so I really think Emily looks like you. I definitely see some resemblance. I can't wait to here about Lulu!
I'm SO glad you posted this... because I was debating what to post, wanting to go to sleep, having to write something, hoping it whatever it was would be quick, but not coming up with anything, what do you think I did? I see you on fb and something about a blogger's block, so I click over and WOOHOO, problema solved. SO... I have a list of ten going on over at my place. EASY-schmeezy.
Can I just say that I LOVE that belly shot?! and I HATE alarm clocks!! Good thing I never went to college so I couldn't have ever been that roommate that you stopped being roommates with all over an alarm clock that I never would have had because the sound of them makes me crazy and I don't like being rudely awakened... so there.
I've GOT to go to bed now. Shower first of course... tmi? sorry.
Amy in Peru
my list is at:
HAHA those rabbit ears!
You look like Christine's daughter (or well, she looks like you) :)
I admire your desire to Shred because I can't bring myself to even buy the dvd, much less do it! After reading others' reactions to Jillian, I'm even more admiring of your desire to do it. She seems harsh.
Love that you poke fun at your brother and sisters and they still love you. Mine get all defensive and don't think it's so funny when I point out things like rabbit ears and big bellies. (snicker)
Congrats on being an aunt soon. Maybe today? And thanks for playing along.
I always enjoy your blog entries so much. You are very funny, strong, and encouraging. I am hosting an art giveaway that you might find interesting. Stop by when you have a chance and take a peek.
I LOVE that belly shot! I never sawr it a'fore. :) Lulu is over 7lbs now! I told Lele that at least if she didn't show up BEFORE we got there, maybe it would happen WHILE we're there! I remember when Austin was born me and Lele were waiting outside in the hall and heard his little cry...so special :)
Ummm, if you're not using that dvd can I borrow it? Or maybe David could magically make me have a copy? Aubs and I sort of started a program but it requires running. You know and I know that I HATE running, so anything to get out of it but still be doing something would be great! :)
Oh, and in the 7th grade someone definitely asked if Stephen and I were "going together." ICK!
Love you :)
Ha, Lele's having Lulu! Lol.
Speaking of bellie(buttons) I have an innie that disappears when my belly gets like Lele's. Yeah.
I was one of those who think you and Coco look like twins. I love you both!
And I hope Lele has Lulu soon, safely and serenely!
I posted a comment yesterday, but it gotten eaten up. What's up with that? I was too lazy to recomment, but I am here today=)...
This post cracked me up. The one about the bra thing on fb really made me laugh. When people started posting, I though it was fun. Posted. Realized I have church elders as my friends. Quickly deleted. Now I vow to never post on fb spontaneously (which I do too much).
Have a great school week...
I'm a snooze hitter, but not usually more than 2 or 3 times, and yes, I set my alarm for much earlier than I need to be up, lol!
Post a Comment