This is our last day in Beijing. While I completely and totally miss my kids, I will miss this amazing experience...it really is a whole other world.
Just a few more thoughts on Beijing:
1. It is a smoker's paradise here. *cough* *choke* I was really surprised at how many people smoke and how it is acceptable in every restaurant and building. I guess I'm used to the non-smoking atmosphere in the US.
2. Everyone here thinks I'm Chinese and will start talking to me in Chinese. They are surprised that I'm not and that I am married and have children. Funny how Koreans don't think I'm Korean, but people here definitely think I'm Chinese...maybe I'm adopted???
3. A very picky white boy from Texas will NOT die of starvation in China. So far we've hit KFC, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Starbucks and Subway. But to dh's credit, we have eaten 3 authentic Chinese meals including Peking Duck. Like $3 knock-off Polo shirts, there are also knock-off restaurant's here. Dh walked into what he thought was a KFC...same paint, color and similar logo, but it turned out to be a noodle place. If he looked closely at the Colonel Sanders on the sign, he would've noticed that it was an asian Colonel instead! hehehe...
4. Cab fare is really cheap. We can take a 20-30 minute taxi ride for less than $3US. Oh and when we first got here and got out of the cab, dh told the driver Gracias! I about died laughing!!!
5. The Great Wall of China can be very steep! But I made the trek to the highest point of the Badaling Section and it was sooo worth the climb! Words cannot describe the absolute beauty of the Wall and the feeling of standing atop such history. We would definitely come back again if given the opportunity!
Well, gotta go. My hour is just about up (and it cost me less than fifty cents). :-) We'll be back in the good ole US of A on Saturday. Talk to y'all then!
It's good to hear from you Marsha! We miss you :o)
It sounds like this trip has been a great learning experience for you and dh!
I never would've expected there would be a McDee's or any of the others you mentioned.
Glad to hear that the trip was nice.
Have a safe and happy trip homeward!
Love, Cathy :o)
I'm glad you're having a wonderful time. If you want and have a chance, I'm having another quiz contest.
Now I'm off to NC.......
LOL about the Gracias!!!!
You know, because of the smoke I don't think I'd like to visit. There are few things that bother me more than cigarette smoke.
You make me want to visit, in spite of the smoke!! I would love to travel more!
You know here in MT they could still smoke in resteraunts until last fall.
I actually read it twice. Once to myself and then to my husband. We both got a few chuckles. Have a safe trip.
Glad you're having a good time...
Glad to hear everything is going great. Can't wait to see your picture's when you get back to the state's. I've always wanted to visit the Great Walls Of China. Maybe one day, if I can't get dh to take a vaction.
I didn't realize you'd be blogging from China...I would have hopped over here earlier in the week! I'vd thought about ya! It's been fun reading your entries. I brother lived in Tokyo for a few years, he wears a size 16 shoes...he didn't come home with one pair...the wives of the guys on his staff all kept a pair!..They put them on their front porches. Happy travels back home.
Hurry home. . .I will be glad when you are back. . .missed you. .. hope you all had fun. .and took lots of pics.
unpack rest. . .then get back here!--haha
Would you please spread the word about Candace's surgery tomorrow? I have a prayer list on my blog for anyone who would like to take a specific time to pray.
How amazing to visit china! Numbers 1,3 and 5 could easily describe Romania. My dh always tries to speak to the servers at the Mexican restaurant in Romanian.
i'm looking forward to hearing more. i'm with your husband. if the food is not there then i'm not going. glad to hear they have more than noodles to offer.
I wanna go, too!! I can't wait to see pictures...LOTS of them! Glad that your trip has gone well.
Hope you made it back ok and are adjusting with the time zone difference. I bet your sweet boys were glad to see you and DH. Welcome Home!
i'm so glad that you are having such a nice time. you have such a glamorous life. i want to be Marsha Marsha Marsha.
:) I hope your trip back is safe and uneventful
my friend lisa just sent this to me, and i found it sorta hilarious. me and coie cracked up.
HOW TO SPEAK CHINESE:
Are you harboring a fugitive? Hu Yu Hai Ding
See me A.S.A. P. Kum Hia Nao
Stupid Man Dum Gai
Small Horse Tai Ni Po Ni
Did you go to the beach? Wai Yu So Tan?
I bumped into a coffee table. Ai Bang Mai Ni
I think you need a facelift. Chin Tu Fat
I thought you were on a diet? Wai Yu Mun Ching?
Do you know the lyrics to the Macarena? Wai Yu Sing Dum Song?
You are not bright. Yu So Dum
I got this for free. Ai No Pei
I am not guilty. Wai Hang Mi?
They have arrived. Hai Dei Kum
Stay out of sight. Lei Lo
Your body odor is offensive. Yu stin ki pu.
Now is that not funny?
Stopping by again to ask if you would please spread the word about Emily's surgery Tuesday morning? I have a prayer list on my blog for anyone who would like to take a specific time to pray as well.
You know when you are addicted to HSb when you go on a vacation on the other side of the world and still manage to get in two or three blog posts! LOL! Can't wait to hear more- have a safe trip home.
Post a Comment