This is our last day in Beijing. While I completely and totally miss my kids, I will miss this amazing experience...it really is a whole other world.
Just a few more thoughts on Beijing:
1. It is a smoker's paradise here. *cough* *choke* I was really surprised at how many people smoke and how it is acceptable in every restaurant and building. I guess I'm used to the non-smoking atmosphere in the US.
2. Everyone here thinks I'm Chinese and will start talking to me in Chinese. They are surprised that I'm not and that I am married and have children. Funny how Koreans don't think I'm Korean, but people here definitely think I'm Chinese...maybe I'm adopted???
3. A very picky white boy from Texas will NOT die of starvation in China. So far we've hit KFC, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Starbucks and Subway. But to dh's credit, we have eaten 3 authentic Chinese meals including Peking Duck. Like $3 knock-off Polo shirts, there are also knock-off restaurant's here. Dh walked into what he thought was a KFC...same paint, color and similar logo, but it turned out to be a noodle place. If he looked closely at the Colonel Sanders on the sign, he would've noticed that it was an asian Colonel instead! hehehe...
4. Cab fare is really cheap. We can take a 20-30 minute taxi ride for less than $3US. Oh and when we first got here and got out of the cab, dh told the driver Gracias! I about died laughing!!!
5. The Great Wall of China can be very steep! But I made the trek to the highest point of the Badaling Section and it was sooo worth the climb! Words cannot describe the absolute beauty of the Wall and the feeling of standing atop such history. We would definitely come back again if given the opportunity!
Well, gotta go. My hour is just about up (and it cost me less than fifty cents). :-) We'll be back in the good ole US of A on Saturday. Talk to y'all then!